Proposition 30 is designed to protect funding for schools and public safety programs. It would help solve the state’s budget problems by providing temporary tax revenue. Only the highest earners – married couples making more than $500,000 per year – would pay more income tax as a result of this initiative. The sales tax would also increase by one-quarter cent. If Proposition 30 fails, it is almost certain IHSS funding will be put in jeopardy. We urge you to VOTE YES on Proposition 30.
This initiative is important to preserve IHSS funding.
After years of cuts, California’s public schools, universities and local public safety services are at the breaking point.
Prop. 30 is the only initiative that will protect school and safety funding and help address the state’s chronic budget mess.
Stops $6 billion in school cuts
- Without Prop. 30, our schools and colleges face $6 billion in devastating cuts this year. Prop. 30 is the only measure that stops those cuts.
- Prop. 30 is also the only measure that provides billions in new funding for our schools starting this year – money schools need for smaller class sizes, up-to-date textbooks, and rehiring teachers.
Keeps cops on the street
- Prop. 30 establishes a guarantee for public safety funding in our state’s constitution, where it can’t be touched without voter approval.
- Prop. 30 will keep cops on the street and save the state billions in prison costs over the long term.
Balances the Budget
- Prop. 30 balances our budget and helps us pay down California’s debt—built up by years of gimmicks, borrowing and phony solutions.
- Prop. 30 is the next, critical step to addressing the state’s chronic budget mess.
- Only the highest earners – couples making more than $500,000 – pay more income tax. The sales tax is established at a rate lower than it was last year.
- All taxes are temporary, and Prop. 30 can’t be modified without voter approval.
- New money for schools is put into a special fund the legislature can’t touch.
- Mandatory, independent annual audits insure money is spent only on schools, not administration or bureaucracy.
Let’s get California back on track! Join Governor Jerry Brown, the League of Women Voters of California and a broad coalition of educators, law enforcement professionals and businesses who support the Schools & Local Public Safety Protection Act.
Vote YES on Prop. 30.
Paid for by Yes on Prop. 30–to Protect our Schools and Public Safety, a broad coalition of business, labor, law enforcement, teachers and Governor Brown. Major funding by Californians Working Together to Restore and Protect Public Schools, Universities and Public Safety, Coalition of Educators, School Employees, Working Men/Women, Doctors, Speaker Perez & Community Org. Yes on Proposition 30 and United Brotherhood of Carpenters and Joiners of America.
GET POSTERS & YARD SIGNS AT YOUR LOCAL UDW OFFICE
Paid for by United Domestic Workers of America Action Fund