Dear Fellow Caregiver,
Welcome to the community of IHSS providers!
We are the heart of homecare. We serve our communities by caring for the people who need it most – family members and neighbors who are often overlooked by society.
Our work is rewarding, but also very difficult. This is why we have come together to offer each other a community of support. Through UDW – the homecare providers union – we can speak up about issues that are important to us and our clients. Together, we protect the IHSS program and our families.
I ask you to join UDW. Becoming a member gives you access to extensive benefits, and your contribution powers the work we do every day to protect IHSS. Join us in fighting for what matters most – people taking care of each other.
Editha Adams, UDW President
Did you know that UDW fights for homecare providers and our families?
Together as union members we:
- Stopped the Governor’s proposal to ban providers from working over 40 hours per week
- Defeated a 20% cut to IHSS hours in court last year
- Won overtime pay and direct deposit for caregivers
- Help providers appeal client’s hours assessments and win back pay
- Win pay raises and health benefits for caregivers
- Are fighting to end a 7% cut to IHSS hours
Other benefits of UDW membership include:
- Free trainings for caregivers, such as CPR and first aid
- A low-cost dental plan
- Discounts on cell phone plans, auto insurance, and more
- For a full list of member benefits visit www.udwa.org/member-benefits
We are able to do all this by uniting as union members.
Sign a membership card and become a full union member here.
JOIN US! Our clients and loved ones are worth it.
Did you know?
Union dues pay for victories that put money in your pocket!
- UDW stopped $17 fee for additional FBI background check
- UDW has helped thousands of providers get FREE healthcare through the Affordable Care Act
- UDW won overtime pay for providers
- UDW stopped 40 hour per week cap
- UDW stopped pay cut to minimum wage
- UDW won pay increases
- UDW has won thousands of dollars in back pay for providers by helping clients get more IHSS hours
*New providers may pay an initiation fee of $25, paid in two installments of $12.50.